Thursday, May 15, 2014

break


When I started The Full Plate Blog, my goal was to combine my personal chef/make-ahead meal expertise with the daily demands of being a busy mom. I loved the feedback from all of you, sharing your mealtime success stories after you gave my recipes a whirl. More and more busy parents feeding their families well-- even on the busiest of days.


It's hard to believe that when I started this blog, five years ago, my youngest was napping 2x/day. The blog was a creative outlet, and gave me a sense of purpose beyond what I viewed as my first priority: being a balanced and happy mom. And over the years, this blog has really taken off, winning multiple awards and garnering a bigger and bigger audience. 


But the rhythm of my days has changed so much in five years.


And so, I have made the difficult decision to take a break from blogging.


Temporary or forever? I'm not sure. If I really miss it, I can always come back… or I'll find a way of sharing my recipes in a way that encourages a more healthy lifestyle for myself.


I want to thank all of you for supporting The Full Plate Blog. It's been an awesome run. Your tales of how it changed mealtimes for the better made me smile. And while I was always surprised to be stopped in the supermarket aisles, I loved helping you figure out how to encourage a picky eater, successfully reheat some masterpiece straight from the freezer, or quickly gather the ingredients for a dinner you could whip up when you got home from chauffeuring kids to and fro.

I intend to leave all of the recipes-to-date up so you can continue to access your favorites, either by typing an ingredient into the search bar, or scrolling down the right hand column to access the various categories. And, the instant download to help you master make-ahead meals will still be available for purchase {at the sale price} through the summer months, so fret not about what the heck's for dinner.

Here's to "bonus hours" all around and continued mealtime success!       - Eila

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely respect your decision for balance. It is so hard to find in this day and age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 16, 2014

    Eila -- I'm 69 years old and you are the first person that spells your first name exactly like mine: EILA!!!!!

    Eila Schmidt/Connecticut

    ReplyDelete